Vertigo Black Ageme:
September 27th Gender:
#229 Houndoom Nature:
Highly curious Hometown:
Mistralton City (Celestial Tower)
Vertigo grew up in a small temple near Mistralton City. Raised by monks (including his older brothers and father), he led a rather sheltered, uneventful life and spent most of his time with reading and learning.
As the youngest occupant and with the temple being far-off, he never really had any playfellows. However, this does by no means imply that his childhood was anything but a happy one.
Quite the contrary, because the priests whom he considered family, were always looking after him and his two brothers had acquired a liking for pampering their nestling.
His father taught him the principles of their religion and Vertigo enjoyed watching the ceremonies held for the deceased.
Even though he wasn't particular interested in becoming a monk himself, he started to serve his apprenticeship under the head priest to become more like his older brothers.
Nevertheless, he gave up very soon after finding some photographs taken by his late mother. Intrigued and curious, he asked his father about the pictures and the latter explained that his wife had loved to take pictures of all the places she had visited but had to give up on her hobby when she married him (simply because they had to live near the temple).
Growing insecure based on his lack of worldly wisdom, Vertigo packed his suitcase and declared to leave the temple in order to see the world and gain some independence, much to the surprise of his family.
After a lot of toing and froing and endless negotiations, his brothers advocated his decisions and convinced the worried father, provided that the youngest sibling would contact them at least once a week.
After biding his farewell to everyone and promising to return one day, Vertigo who had decided to become a doctor, took off to find a new place to call home.
He travelled for a month until he heard about a town called Pokette which seemed to be perfect: Small yet lively and close to the sea (for whom he had developed a liking after seeing the photographs). With this objective on mind, he set out to find the aforementioned town...
Loves star-gazing and beach strolls, enjoys reading, photography and music. Hates fishing, has no gardening skills whatsoever. Job:
Doctor in the making. His university is in the city, so he has to take the bus to get there.
Has a part-time job as a translator in the city. Favourite food:
Nothing in particular but he's quite fond of fizzy, cold drinks. And ice cubes. Favourite berry:
Rowap Berry Catchphrase
“...atta” Fun facts:
- He can't cook. At all. It always ends in disaster.
- Despite loving/wanting to live near the sea, he can't swim nor has he ever expressed any desire to actually learn it.
- His dream to become a doctor wasn't born from any significant event in his life or due to his wish to help people. No, he's just really interested in researching illnesses. Healing someone is just a beneficial side effect.
- Due to his sheltered upbringing, Vertigo developed a slight form of anthropophobia (fear of company).
- He can't stand bad manners (especially table manners).
- He's able to play a range of instruments and he can sew. Drawing, however, is out of question. Those stickmen of his aren't nothing to write home about. Furthermore, his sense of fashion is... questionable. Interesting, but questionable.
He has a tendency to pull his hood over the head whenever he feels uncomfortable – especially when he wants to be alone.
Pretty much overcame this.
- Average hours of sleep per night: 4-5; Unsurprisingly, his energy level is generally low.
One thing he has never experienced is a 'first love'. By no means shy, he displays some awkwardness when talking to female strangers at times.
Got more used to talking to females after moving to Pokette. Learned a lot about love as well.